Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How to recognize a Sri lankan?

Know about sri lankans before He/She visit Sri Lanka:

down here I'm posting some tips to recognize a Sri lankan
based on an article written by Aditi Bhattacharjee.

•His/Her relatives give He/She food after He/She say He/She’re full and could not possibly eat anymore

•His/Her parents call overseas and scream at the top of their lungs, even though telephone connections are 100 times better today than five years ago.

•People assume a child educating well is going to become a doctor or an engineer.

•His/Her parents get mad at them when thier skin becomes darker.

•His/Her parents enjoy comparing He/She to their friends’ kids.

•His/Her parents say, “Difficult? Its a work of 2nd grade![Amaruda? ayyo oka 2e panthiye wadak ne!]” .

•His/Her parents buy them clothes and shoes a few sizes too big so He/She can “grow into it.”

•He/She are capable of eating an entire meal, including rice, using only His/Her right hand.

•He/She’ve been asked in TAMIL 'don't you understand Sinhala?'(Sinhala theriya ille?)

•He/She have a countless number of nicknames, some of which include “mahaththaya” or “Doni”.

•When He/She tell their parents He/She got 98% on their School test, and they ask He/She what happened to the other 2%!

•If there is a sale on any item, He/She buy 100 of them.

•He/She’ve learned to keep bargaining even if the prices are rock bottom.

•His/Her relatives alone could populate a small city.

what else? anything you want add to the list...
please add as comments!!