Sunday, May 10, 2009

Srilankans never give up!!!

> Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a
> new Chairman for Microsoft Europe. 5000 candidates
> assembled in a large room. One candidate was Sompala
> Pathirana a Sinhalese living in USA.
>
> Bill Gates thanked all the candidates for coming and
> asking those who do not know JAVA programming to
> leave. 2000 people leave the room. Soma says to
> himself, 'I do not know JAVA but I have nothing to
> lose if I stay. I'll give it a try' Bill Gates asked
> the candidates who never had experience of managing
> more than 100 people to leave. 2000 people leave the
> room.. Soma says to himself ' I never managed anybody
> by myself but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What
> can happen to me?' So he stays.
>
> Then Bill Gates asked candidates who do not have
> management diplomas to leave. 500 people leave the
> room. Soma says to himself, 'I left school at 15 but
> what have I got to lose?' So he stays in the room.
>
> Lastly, Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not
>
>  speak Serbo - Croat to leave. 498 people leave the
> room. Soma says to himself, ' I do not speak one word
> of Serbo - Croat but what do I have to lose?' So he
> stays and finds himself with one other candidate.
> Everyone else has gone.Bill Gates joined them and said
> 'Apparently you are the only two candidates who have
> all the required qualifications & experience I am
> looking for and speak Serbo - Croat, so I'd now like
> to hear you have a conversation together in that language.'
>
> and......
>
> Calmly, Soma turns to the other candidate and says
> `Kohomada Machang?
>
> The other candidate answers ' Ammata Hudu....umbath
> Lankavenda??

1 comment: