Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mahela Jayawardena speaks about Daily Mirror article

Mahela Jayawardena speaks about his retirement from T20 Daily Mirror article via FaceBook:

In reference to the article published by the Daily Mirror in the sports section on 18 March 2014, I would like to categorically deny a number of accusations levelled against me.

I would like to clarify that while I spoke to the Daily Mirror four days prior to the publication of the article at that time I had chosen to not to announce my retirement to the public as the timing was not right, and in addition I had no obligation towards the Daily Mirror in revealing it to them.... I decided the timing was ahead of the tournament in Bangladesh and also in an informal manner as I had always planned.

I also deny in the strongest terms that I received any financial reward with regards to this announcement from any party whatsoever.

At all times I have represented Sri Lanka proudly with the best interests of Sri Lanka Cricket at heart and will continue to do so at the T20 World Cup and also as long as I play national cricket in both ODI and Test formats.

Mahela Jayawardena

Mirror:

ශ්‍රී ලංකාවෙන් බිහිවූ සුපිරි ක්‍රීඩකයන් දෙදෙනෙකු වන මහේල ජයවර්ධන හා කුමාර සංගක්කාරගේ හදිස්සි සමුගැනීමට හේතුවී ඇත්තේ බංග්ලාදේශ සංචාරයට පිටත්වයාමට පෙර ශ්‍රී ලංකා ක්‍රිකට් ආයතනයේදී ක්‍රීඩා ඇමති මහින්දානන්ද අලුත්ගමගේ මහතා ක්‍රිකට් පිලට බැනවැදීම නිසා බව 'ශ්‍රී ලංකා මිරර්' වෙත වාර්තා වේ.
ශ්‍රී ලංකා පිලට පිටවයාමට පෙර ක්‍රිකට් ආයතන හා ගිවිසුමට අත්සන් කරන ලෙස ක්‍රීඩා අමාත්‍යවරයා, ක්‍රිකට් ආයතනයේ ලේකම් නිශාන්ත රණතුංග හා තේරීම් කමිටු ලේකම් නියෝජ...්‍ය අමාත්‍ය සනත් ජයසූරිය මහතා විසින් දැඩි බලපෑමක් සිදුකර ඇති බවද පැවසේ.
ඔවුන් නොයවා ඒ කණ්ඩායමක් යවන බවටද ශ්‍රී ලංකා පිලේ ක්‍රීඩකයන්ට බලපෑම් කර අතැයි වාර්තා වේ.
අදාල බලපෑම් හේතුවෙන් මේවන විට ශ්‍රී ලංකා පිල දැඩි මානසික පීඩනයකට ලක්ව සිටින බව බංග්ලාදේශයෙන් ලැබෙන ආරංචිමාර්ගවලින් වාර්තා වේ.
කණ්ඩායම පිටව යන්න පෙර රහස් සාකච්ඡාවක්
ක්‍රීඩා අමාත්‍යවරයා හා නිලධාරීන්ගේ බලපෑම් හේතුවෙන් ශ්‍රී ලංකා පිල බංග්ලාදේශයට පිටත්වයාමට පෙර ක්‍රිකට් ආයතනය තුළ රහස් සාකච්ඡාවක් පවත්වා ඇති බවද පැවසේ.
එම සාකච්ඡාවට බලහත්කාරයෙන් ඇතුලුවීමට උත්සාහ කළ ක්‍රිකට් ආයතනයේ මෙහෙයුම් අධ්‍යක්ෂ කාල්ටන් බර්නාඩස් මහතා ක්‍රීඩකයන් විසින් අදාල කාමරයෙන් එළියට දැමූ බවද වාර්තා වේ.

No comments:

Post a Comment